Sunday 8 June 2008

Disaster Strikes Again

I swear someone has it in for me out there !

I came to my computer this afternoon to find it switched off - the first suspicious sign something was wrong - however I hit the power button and sat back thinking it must of just been a random crash. Not quite.

Upon rebooting I was greeted with the BSOD from my Windows XP installation, and when I tried safemode I was getting the same error. The good news is that although it looks like a complete reformat is needed (2 years is not bad for the amount of abuse this computer takes!) the linux partition is working fine and it gave me an excuse to get a new primary hard disk. The current disk is a rather outdated 60Gb Seagate drive, the replacement is a newer 320Gb Seagate drive which gives me a little more space to play with :)

For the record when the new drive arrives I will have a total of 1.4Tb storage and will most likely add a further 500Gb USB drive when money permits, although perhaps when the time comes the external 1Tb drives will be more affordable.

No comments: